International Journal of Birth and Parent Education (IJBPE)
How do we receive your information?
We may receive information about you:
- when you contact us directly, normally via our website, whether to subscribe to our journal, to purchase an
- individual issue or one of our articles.
- from personal contact with one of our team at a conference, study event or other educational or social event
- from an organisation that you belong to which has subscribed to the IJBPE on your behalf
Using your information
We will use your information (which we receive from you or third parties or learn from the way you use our products or services) for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide or manage any information, products and services which you have requested from IJBPE e.g. online access to archives, postal of hard copy
- to provide a short newsletter with content list of the current issue of IJBPE
- to help us identify you when you contact us,
- for general administration and distribution purposes,
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services,
- to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering,
- to help us recover debts,
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling
We will hold and use your information for the duration of your subscription to IJBPE and for one year following a lapse in subscription. In the year following a lapse in subscription we will email the current newsletter to you with clear instructions of how to unsubscribe.
We do not share your data with any third parties, with the exception of:
- when we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes,
- when we are progressing existing or future legal proceedings,
- when we are preventing fraud/loss, for example when we may transfer your data to Fraud Prevention Agencies.
- If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area we will make sure they agree to apply the same level of protection of your information as we are required to apply in the UK.
Informing you about our products and services.
We may use your information to contact you with IJBPE news which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes. We, may contact you by post and, if you give us your prior agreement to do so, by email and other electronic means.
Providing information to us