- “IJBPE”, “we”, “us” and “ours” means the International Journal of Birth and Parent Education. The “Promoter” means Birth and Parent Education Ltd., 2 Stone Buildings, Lincoln’s Inn, London, WC2A 3TH (Company Registration Number 09164338).
Who may enter?
- With the exception of entrants from countries outlined in section 2(d), the IJBPE Birth and First 1000 Days Video Competition is open to entrants who are 18 or over internationally for:
a) registered practitioners including midwives, health visitors, child and family health nurses, doctors, psychologists, nursery nurses, parent link workers, Children’s Centre staff, IBCLCs
b) students of the above professions
c) antenatal and early parenting educators working in hospitals, in the community and in the voluntary sector.
d) Entry is excluded for participants from the following countries: Argentina, Germany, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea, Portugal, Italy, Austria, China, Russia, Hong Kong, Greece, France, Japan, Spain, Czech Republic, Province of Quebec (Canada), Brazil.
How to Enter
- You can submit a completed video by uploading to a file sharing format of your choice such as Youtube, Vimeo, Dropbox, Google drive, etc. from 09:00 GMT from October 16th, 2020, until 5pm GMT on May 28th, 2021. Entries outside of this time will not be valid, even if they appear to be submitted.
- Entry into the IJBPE Birth and First 1000 Days Video Competition is free. To enter the competition, you must:
- Upload your completed video to a file sharing format of your choice and submit the URL or file link as your entry
- If you are submitting a file link, the format must be either MOV or MP4 and the filename of your entry must include your name in the format [filename_entrantname.mov / MP4]
- What are the aims of your video? And -
- What you hope future, expectant or new parents will learn from the video?
- Your video must be between 3 and 5 minutes in length.
- Lost, delayed, incomplete or multiple entries by the same entrant will not be considered for the competition.
- Videos shorter than 3 minutes or longer than 5 minutes will not be considered valid for the competition.
- All entries must be narrated in English.
- Entries with obscenities, of a defamatory nature, or that infringe any third-party rights will be excluded from the competition.
- The competition winner will receive a prize of £500 (or the equivalent in the currency of the winner’s country at the time of judging) and their video will feature on the IJBPE website. The winning videos will be shared on the IJBPE website under a Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA licence. Health professionals and birth and early parenting educators may use the videos with their clients under the terms of this licence.
- 5 runners-up will each receive £100 (or the equivalent in the currency of the winners’ countries at the time of judging) and their videos will feature on the IJBPE website.
- No alternatives will be offered; the prize and participation in the competition cannot be exchanged or transferred.
Selecting the Winners
- The shortlisted nominations, selected by the IJBPE Editorial Board, will be chosen from all eligible entries. The shortlisted entries will be judged by a panel in June, 2021. The overall winner and runners-up will be announced in the July issue of the IJBPE.
- IJBPE will try to notify the winners and runners up of the competition by the end of June, 2021, using the contact information submitted at entry. IJBPE reserves the right to remove any entrant selected as runner-up or overall winner if:
- The entrant cannot be reached within 72 hours of sending an email
- We reasonably believe that the nominee has directly or indirectly broken one of the competition rules
- We reasonably believe that the nomination could risk damaging or be detrimental to the reputation of IJBPE, or in any way affect the name or goodwill of the IJBPE.
- The runners-up and overall winner will receive their awards by cash transfer within 14 days of the announcement of the results of the competition in the July issue of the IJBPE.
- The Judges’ decision is final; no correspondence will be entered into.
- IJBPE will only collect, store and process personal information of nominees in line with all applicable data privacy laws, for the purpose of administering the promotion, and not for any other purpose without your consent. This will not affect any existing subscription or marketing preferences that you have already registered with the IJBPE.
- By entering this competition, you agree that your personal information may be transferred to our service providers and agents to store and use as necessary to administer the competition. We will never pass your information to any third party for use in their own marketing without your consent.
- With the exception of runners-up and the overall winner, personal data relating to all nominees will be held on record for as short a period of time as necessary to administer the competition and then securely destroyed. The personal details of all winners will be held for a period of 6 years and then securely destroyed.
- To the extent permitted by law, the IJBPE will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered in connection with this competition (including any damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile phone, or video recording equipment as a consequence of accessing or submitting entries to the competition), or any delays or failure (in whole or in part) to perform any of its obligations if such delay or failure is caused by something beyond its reasonable control.
- Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control, IJBPE may choose to withdraw or amend the competition. If no or insufficient entries are received, the competition will be closed without further notice.
- By submitting an entry, you warrant that all information submitted as part of the entry is true, current and complete. IJBPE reserves the right to verify all entries.
- These rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising in relation to this competition.
- The Promoter is Birth and Parent Education Ltd., 2 Stone Buildings, Lincoln’s Inn, London, WC2A 3TH (Company Registration Number 09164338)